Walking Tour Guides
The Historical Society is currently seeking history enthusiasts and fun people for positions as independent tour guides for our Tarry Hollow History Walking Tours.
Tours are two hours on a variety of road surfaces, hills and valleys, rain or shine (except where it would be dangerous such as lightning).
Tour groups are generally between 4 and 20 people to accommodate walking through the village.
Please email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Heading: Tour Guide.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Planning and setting the timing of the tour stops.
– Knowing the important events associated with the historic sites in the villages.
– Conveying and informing tourists about the information on the historic sites.
– Maintaining the route plan of the historic sites.
– Protecting the tourists in all aspects during the tour.
Skills and Specifications
– Outstanding oral and verbal communication skills.
– Excellent monitoring and time management skills.
– Coordination skills and outstanding expression.
– Should enjoy local history.
Education and Qualifications
Prior work experience in tourism industry is preferable and gives an edge.
Remuneration commensurate with experience.